Mar, Apr, May,Sep, Oct, Nov & Dec
About Shivapuri Bird Watching Tour:
Shivapuri National Park is another good source of discovery birds near Kathmandu. With half an hour drive to the foothills of Shivapuri at Budhanilkatha, the trip begins on foot. The entrance is protected by the Nepal Army and some fees are charged to enter. Complete the formalities then slowly walk ascending up to the Nagi Gompa (monastery). Our bird expert professional guide will be helping you to recognize the beautiful birds at the forest. Some of the birds in the area are the Laughing Thrush, Crested Serpent Eagle, little Pied Fly Catchers, Rupy-throats, Babblers and much more. Watch the birds closely with the help of advanced binoculars. After completing the bird watching drive back to the Kathmandu and transfer to your hotel.
1 Day Bird Watching Itinerary:
- Day 01: Shivapuri Bird Watching Tour.
- Packed the breakfast and lunch for the day and leave the hotel early in the morning. Drive to Budhanilkantha, the foothill of Shivapuri National Park in the northern Kathmandu. Complete the formalities at the Army Camp and walk on foot to find out the birds inhabitant in this dense forest. Take breakfast and lunch on the way. Hike up to the Nagi Gompa situated at the hill of this park. Explore the surrounding and back to the hotel.
Tour Cost Includes:
- Kathmandu to Budhanilkatha and back by private car.
- A professional bird expert guide.
- Packed Breakfast and Lunch.
- Binoculars, and
- Park Permits.
Tour Cost Excludes:
- Kathmandu accommodation.
- Bar Bills.
- Expenses occurred due to strike, political unrest etc.
- Rest of all that are not mentioned in cost included.